Thursday, January 12, 2012

Better than I would have thought!

Well, I am now in love with that little iphone (with Siri). I spent some of the day experimenting and exploring this technology. I applaud Steve Jobs many times over. I started out my digital life with Apple computers and then, when so much was really NOT Apple, I switched to microsoft, and was frugal ever since. I am used to my Dells with all the quirks and difficulties, crashes, strange little computer issues.

But, today! What ease, what joy with that iphone! There is no inch thick manual in that sleek box it came in. No directions! It just goes. (I must confess that my daughter did the set-up for me and she uploaded all my contacts, music, hiccups, whatever from the "other" phone and my computer.)  But, everything works. I went out in the pasture by the pond and made several calls and had perfect reception! I love the camera, I love the app that tells me what bird is that? I love my camera- and the wonderful editing possibilities.?

Suddenly, those twitter folks and the Face book folks seem more in the front. But what do I want or need to say the most authentic? Is anyone really interested in the birds I see or my digestion??

So, this evening, as usual, I will go out and enjoy the bats flying. My iphone will be on charge, and I will be a free woman.

I have had a very fun day all by myself exploring my new toy, but I really do think that actual face to face communication is still the best.


No comments:

Post a Comment