Friday, August 17, 2012

The Wedding

The hills were decorated with goldenrod and purple loostrife and queen anne's lace. And the immediate scene was decorated with our eight grandchildren and their parents. And now we have another wonderful daughter-in-law!

We are so blessed with this enormous family! We spent a lot of quality time in an old ski lodge just lying about with the twins and the other kids who played outside in the cool Vermont evening catching caterpillars and running around with sparklers and wading in the stream. I loved it.
It was a wonderful family reunion, the first time we had been together with all our children, their spouses, and their kids, and Maria and Jay, everyone's adopted kin. We stayed in a big ski lodge, kind of funky but a lot of fun with many feasts and lots of skin, so many children, including the new twins.

We took Quincy, son of the bride, for a road trip to Maine to see my oldest best friend in Belfast and it was wonderful! Seven years old is a great age to be. Quincy fell in love with Juliet, my friend, and says he is going to live there.

While in Maine my email got hacked and his moms took the trouble to fix everything on my computer. (No, we are not in trouble in London!)

Now, we are all back home. And life tumbles on. Ten girl scouts are at this moment swimming in the pool and then they will go up to the little house to do girl scout things and spend the night. And I will have to think about the one girl scout who is missing because she is homeless and her mother is dying of ovarian cancer in St. Petersburg. And I can't think of what I can do! Where is our safety net?

In my studio, alone for the first time in many days, I begin the lovely process of laying out the fabrics for a new quilt for Quincy.



No comments:

Post a Comment