Wednesday, April 04, 2012

Life in Paradise

We are in full production from the vegetable garden. Each night for dinner we have all kinds of salad. Now the tiny French beans are delighting us. We still have broccoli and lots of lettuce, but it has been so hot this spring, those will vanish soon. Who would think that the tomatoes are happening? In early April? The seed company was sure I would not need the many heirloom peppers and tomatoes until tomorrow. Maybe they do not believe in global warming. Good thing I bought seedlings locally.

Here is Peter, perfectly delighted at finding a Florida King Snake on the trail we were walking
at Cedar Key
last week. Quincy is keeping his distance!
And here are the twins, both home from the neonatal unit at the hospital. I can only imagine what chaos it is there at their house. Sleepless in Connecticut. Their dad sent me this photo of them under the blankets that were knitted by many hands, including mine.
Soon, we'll go up to pitch in.

I love this life composed of so many diverse adventures. I love all my grandchildren and look forward to a visit from the west coast ones this weekend. I love working outdoors much of the day and paying attention to the rhythm of the natural world. As I weed, more often than not, I am joined by the cows on one side of the fence who are looking for any leftovers I throw at them, and the sand hill crane pair who are hoping I'll leave the garden gate open so they can sample the lettuce. I enjoy hearing their companionable gentle purr as they forage.




No comments:

Post a Comment